Why I Started Blogging

Leave a Comment

As part of me trying to make Nueyork a more personal space rather than a pure beauty review site, I wanted to share the reasons behind why I started blogging and why I love and continue to do it one year on. For everyone I think their reasons for beginning are very different, some because they are bored, some because they just love to talk about beauty.

I have followed YouTube ever since I can remember. These were the times where the beginners of this whole beauty thing, like Bubzbeauty and  Elle and Blair, were just starting out. Up until last year, I had followed the beauty community for nearly seven years without contributing to it, even though deep in my heart I had always wanted to. I was too shy for YouTube, so one day I decided to set up a blog in a fit of my "if they can do it, why can't I?" mentality, and Nueyork was born. It was low commitment for me as a uni student, I could create the content easily with my iPhone and best of all, it could be anonymous.

I have always been a creative soul, so what I didn't know about blogging that I soon learned was that it gives you that same creative fulfilment that many other hobbies do. Every time I would create content I was proud of, I would get that same rush I got when I wrote a paragraph of a story I loved. Writing has always been such a big passion of mine, but it has also been something I keep very private, so having a public outlet for my creativity was something that I had never experienced. It was , and still is, one of my favourite parts of blogging.

I never expected much when I pressed 'submit' on that first post, and I definitely did not think I would be sitting here over a year later with the same love for it that I still hold. Blogging is such a big part of my life, and while I have had my ups and downs when it comes to content creation, I still feel inspired. I love nothing more than having this platform in which I can post my thoughts on absolutely anything and have people write back to me. I have had such amazing feedback, thoughts and opinions shared through Nueyork on some of my lifestyle posts, and the fact that people take the time to type out such a long reply to me just warms my heart - and that is why I continue blogging.

Why did you start blogging?

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig