Transition into Summer: Eyes

35 comments


The look I am coveting most for the S/S time is a shimmery, almost metallic, white to champagne toned shadow all over the lid. I was never a fan of this super brightening look before and steered more towards browns and coppers, however my tastes have changed and luckily I already have a fair few of these kinds of shadows in my stash that were previously reserved for highlights!

1. Maybelline Eye Studio Quad in 'Copper Chic'
These quads are quite a favourite in the beauty community and for good reason! They are insanely buttery and very, very shimmery. I picked this up on a whim because it was on sale and I am a sucker for copper shadows. I never really thought of the first, bright, white colour had too much potential as anything but a highlight - but I was wrong. It is stunning all over the lid and doesn't leave the dreaded shimmery fallout all over your cheeks.

2. Lorac Pro Palette
There is one shadow in particular from the Lorac Pro that I love to use all over the lid to achieve this look and it is "nude". As the name suggests, it is a very natural shade but has that luminosity that I've been loving! The shade "champagne" next to it is also nice, but does have some larger glitter chunks that are more night appropriate.

3. Maybelline Colour Tattoos in 'Tough as Taupe' and 'Bad to the Bronze'
Okay, I know I said that I was avoiding bronzes, but these two are key when it comes to the summer. They stick around all day and make the perfect base to avoid creasing! Champagne shades on top of "Bad to the Bronze" also look stunning, and "Tough as Taupe" is a great one-colour-lid kind of shade.

4. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils in 'Yoghurt' and 'Mocha'
These are amazing, but need to be paired with a primer for longevity. Yoghurt is the perfect shimmery base or standalone shade and Mocha when sheered out looks beautiful as well. They are a dream to apply and are such an easy way to create an eye look.

5. Smooch Eye Duo
This was a product I picked up in a sale bin solely because it resembled a NARS product. I had never heard of the brand before and was pleasantly surprised when I swatched these shadows and realised they were super buttery! The lightest shade in this is so, so stunning on the eyes, and while a little more chunky than some of the other shades, very workable.

What is your favourite eye look for the summer time?
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

35 comments:

  1. Some of those colours are amazing! They could totally work for Autumn too. Bet they look stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shades! The light, metallic, almost wet-look shadows are beautiful in the spring and summer! I remember seeing those Smooch shadows around, glad to hear they're good! The Maybelline quad looks so pretty!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love bronzy shades all time of the year, I wish we could get the lorac pro pallet in the U.K.

    http://worldbloggers.net/

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG stunning!!

    Please let me know if you would be interested in following eachother on GFC and Bloglovin.Would love to stay in contact.

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is so much smooch at chemist warehouse, I did some research and it's a UK brand. I wonder why nowhere else stocks it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely! Thanks for stopping by. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I picked up mine from Amazon.com as they stock it (it's not from an individual seller, so you know it will be authentic). If they ship to Australia I'm sure they'll ship to the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't do follow for follow, but I'll definitely check out your blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I'm following on Bloglovin! I adore shimmer eyeshadows and I've now added the Maybelline pots to my christmas wishlist! <3



    http://www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! Adore these shades, just wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love those NYX jumbo eye pencils. it's always summer here in Indonesia, I'd usually just go for neutral shades :D

    xx

    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Headed into winter over here in UKland, but I also love the golds and bronzes at the moment. I really gravitate toward them in the winter because they feel warm and festive!

    - Aisling

    http://aisybee.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Working through the entire Naked palette would definitely be an achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the glistening look they give as well, so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They really do look the best and are so low maintenance!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me too! Thanks for stopping by. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are so beautiful I love the pink shimmer.. :)

    Please let me know if you would be interested in following eachother on GFC and Bloglovin.Would love to stay in contact.

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bad to the Bronze is one of my most worn eye shadows, I've nearly hit pan on it which almost never happens! I absolutely love the look of the maybelline palette. I've been reaching for The Balm's Nude Tude Palette a lot recently because of the pink and gold shimmery shades which I find really pretty and easy to wear xx

    Angelica // One Little Vice

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so pretty omg i want them all!
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Nude Tude palette looks stunning! And hitting pan on Bad to the Bronze is definitely an achievement considering how much product is in there! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. BEAUTIFUL COLORS, LOVE IT :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the NYX Jumbo eye pencils. I used them in Milk to create my sugar skull for Halloween. So versatile.
    And Lorac is my all time favorite cosmetics company. I'm actually hosting a Lorac giveaway contest now! They are seriously making some amazing products right now.
    xx
    Jenny
    www.mishmoshmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've had the Maybelline quad for a while, but I'm looking to find colors that are a little more natural and more range. Thanks for showing the Lorac Pro Palette, it seems like a great option to try for next time!

    www.charactersandcarryons.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful products. The shimmery eye shadow is gorgeous

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lorac really are killing it! Thank you for letting me know about your giveaway. x

    ReplyDelete
  26. It really is as it has a few "coloured" shadows, such as a purple, a steel blue and a reddy-copper but they are still so wearable! x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice products!


    xo T.
    www.initialed.ca

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the Lorac Pro palette :) I use it every single day x
    Ana Céline Labod

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love these picks, bronze-y eyes are my favorite. I've been dying to get the Lorac pro palette, hopefully i will by the end of this year!


    www.beautiphoric.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I loveeee the Lorac Palettes - they're so gorgeous xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh wow this is the first post that has actually made me want the Lorac Palette, it looks gorgeous there x

    ReplyDelete

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig