The Not-So-Sexy Cream

14 comments

In class we often talk about the "sexy" side of psychology. The things that look great and are new and intriguing to people are ultimately what get the spotlight, and this can be applied in a lot of ways to a lot of different things. It definitely got me thinking about beauty products (naturally) and I realised that a lot of my products that I love don't really get the time of day on here because they are not immaculately packaged or fun to photograph - and I'm sure we've all done this.

One thing that definitely deserves the spotlight is my Palmer's cream. It isn't in pretty packaging, it says in big letters on the front that it's for rough and dry elbows and feet and definitely falls into the un-sexy side of beauty. Regardless of all of this it's one of the best hand creams I've tried, especially if you get sore, cracked cuticles. It works amazingly on any areas that tend to get quite rough as well, such as the feet or elbows as per the packagings suggestion.

This is a very rich formula that does take awhile to sink in, but it really is to be expected with something so moisturising. It also has the classic Palmer's scent which I am completely obsessed with, which is a bonus. If you don't have anything that needs intense moisture, they have lighter creams on the market which would sink in much faster and be better for everyday hand cream needs. I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking to fix any products listed on the tube, as this most certainly will do the trick.

What is your not-so-sexy beauty favourite?

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

14 comments:

  1. I have a firm love affair with the Nivea Creme formula which just comes in a boring blue tub and simply says Nivea on it. It's crazy thick and so moisturising. It does wonders for any part of your body in desperate need of moisture and care. Its only £2.99 as well! Bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never tried Palmer's product before, but their lip balm is so intriguing! After reading your review about this cream, I will deff purchase the lipbalm :D

    xx

    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally know what you mean about the products that don't really get a look in on the blog even though they're total staples! It sounds like a lovely moisturiser x


    www.girlwithmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like it, especially the taste! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all do it, but sometimes they need a mention! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea - there really are SO many products that don't get enough love because they don't have pretty packaging. Personally my favourite would have to be the Vaseline Lip Therapy - not pretty looking at all, but it keeps my lips from getting disgusting in the winter.

    Clementine | My Darling Clementine

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's actually quite true! My favourite not-so-sexy products are probably my Aztec healing clay mask, and my facial oils that's from natural brands and not have a cute packaging :P

    WWW.THEFASHIONINSIGHT.COM / Outfit of the day - Pop of Leopard

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favourite unsexy product is probably Blistex Intrensive lip balm, it's so hydrating for dry lips!

    Grace's Beauty Space xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds brilliant, I love really nourishing products! My favourite unsexy product would have to be Nivea creme. Simple, looks boring, but great for winter. x

    Kathryn from This Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I love Palmers! I always have a tube/bottle of this in my bathroom :)
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard so much about this one, I definitely need to try it

    http://www.itssuperfashion.com/2014/11/fall-pieces-via-farfetch/

    ReplyDelete
  13. The best for your skin!



    alexamjohnson.com

    ReplyDelete

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig