Hey There Bright Eyes

17 comments


For someone with under eyes as tired looking as mine I need a whole arsenal of products that are going to brighten things up and make me look at least a little bit awake. I focus on this area most of all when doing my makeup as it is the area I feel the most insecure about, so I've tried a lot of brightening products and know what I like.

I am an absolute concealer fiend and have tried most of the cult favourites. When it comes to brightening I love my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind, which really needs no introduction. This is so talked about for a reason - it's lightweight under the eyes with decent coverage and brightening effects. I don't think this "erases" dark circles, but it does visibly brighten and just make the whole area look a lot better. Another I like to use is the MAC Pro Longwear concealer which is a higher coverage with a thicker formula, but definitely brightens and aids dark circles immensely. Because this is a heavier formula I don't wear it on a day to day basis, but when I want a flawless face this is my weapon of choice.

Sometimes concealer just doesn't cut it and you need a few tricks to brighten things up even more. I am a big, big fan of the inner corner highlight as this is the area that gets the most dark. I love using my Benefit 'Watts Up?" as it's a cream formula and stays all day, but any highlighting product will do. Next I like to line my waterline with my Rimmel Scandal Eyes in 'Nude' which not only takes away the redness but makes your eyes look bigger and therefore more alert.

The most noticeable change I find is the application of mascara. I like to curl my lashes, as the perkier the lashes the brighter the eye, and apply a coat or two of a lengthening and thickening mascara such as my Revlon Grow Luscious. This makes such a difference and if you don't have time for all the concealer and highlighting even just this step will help.

What are your bright eyed tips and what is the best concealer you have ever tried?
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

17 comments:

  1. Ah the nude ScandalEyes is my secret weapon when I've had no sleep! My favourite concealer in the world ever is the Collection Lasting Finish (ahem, we reviewed it on the blog, cough plug cough) but for under eyes I also love the Bourjois anti-fatigue - it's a bit more yellow-toned so it's nice coming up to winter when I'm at my extra palest (joy).


    Much love! x
    savingxfaces.blogspot.co.uk =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice recomending post :)

    http://lamiastoria018.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been looking for a concealer, will try these. Thanks!

    Lisa Linh

    www.bylisalinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great products for brightening up the eyes! I adore the Maybelline Age Rewind and also their Lumi Touch concealer. :)

    ♥Natalie

    Yours

    Truly, NY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll definitely check out your review, though it needs no introduction! It's really hard to get your hands on where I live, but my boyfriend is travelling around Christmas time and I have a plan for him to pick a tube up for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why I haven't picked up the Lumi Touch yet, it sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love highlighting my inner core as well. I usually use eyeshadow, but now there is a product by benefit that does it? I am def down to try it out! Thanks for sharing.

    Also I nominated you for the one lovely blog award because your blog is so amazing! Click here for how to accept your nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely blog post.... enjoyed reading :)

    you have a lovely blog here

    hope to see you other on my blog http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    have a nice day

    Jade x

    ReplyDelete
  9. i swear by the rimmel scandaleyes eyeliner to perk my eyes up on sleepy days!

    love katy @ THE RAWRDROBE ♡

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser is one of my holy grail items! I've repurchased it so many times. I haven't found anything that combats under eye darkness better! xo

    EsraSevgi.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to look into sorting out my bags -I'm sick of people telling me I look so tired!


    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love putting a tiny amount of a shimmery champagne eye shadow right in the corners of my eyes to brighten them up! I'd love to see how these products look all together.


    Charlotte x
    www.styleaked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds great! I'll have to look into that(:

    ReplyDelete

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig