My Collection #1: Lip Crayons

8 comments
Low maintenance, high pigmentation and easy application are what make lip crayons my favourite lip product. A thick lipstick with saturated pigmentation is beautiful, but not ideal for the daily grind. I recommend these to anyone who wants a pop of colour on the lips without the hassle and worry that come with a lot of traditional lipsticks.

My most used lip crayon of the bunch is the Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in what I believe is "Fuchsia Libre" (the packaging is a little ambiguous). It's super pigmented, glossy and applies like a dream. While the richness of the colour fades, it isn't patchy and does leave a stain to the lips.

Revlon's range of Colourburst Balms and Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains are a cult favourite and for a reason. I love the new matte formulation and on days where my lips are feeling chapped and not matte-ready they are easily transformed into a creamy texture with some lip balm. The balm stains are also gorgeous, though a little less pigmented I've found. The best thing about this range is the minty smell and taste. My shades are Adore, Precious, Audacious and Elusive.

The Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in "Haute Pink Twist" has medium pigmentation and is a hot pink colour. It does tend to make your teeth look a little yellow, as with any pink of this tone, but it is still a gorgeous colour that I often sheer out.

Lastly, the Face of Australia Sheer Gloss Lip Crayon in "Macaroon" is a more budget friendly option at at least half the price of the other products mentioned. As the name suggests, this is a very sheer product that reminds me more of tinted lip balm than anything else, which is great for those days where you want just a little something on your lips.

I'm open for any recommendations when it comes to lip crayons, so what are your favourites?
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

8 comments:

  1. Love a lip crayon too, they're so easy to apply!

    Love this post and your blog :)

    Katie Loves | UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    BlogLovin' : Katie Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also a massive fan of lip crayons! They're my favourite lip product.. they're just so easy and fuss free aren't they?! xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Them being fuss free is what makes them my favourites!

      Delete
  3. I love lip crayons, your collection is really nice! I wish they sold the Covergirl ones in the UK, I'd love to try those x
    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe they don't have them in the UK, Australia is usually last to get everything and we have them!

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love lip crayons. They're so easy to apply with great colour payoff!

    Shannon Rebecca | Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig